Sunday, August 16, 2009

My idea (not so original, but giving it a shot)

So, I read The Next Thing on My List by Jill Smolinski and was inspired. I decided to create my own life list to complete by my 28th birthday, January 19, 2010. As of right now I have 5 months and 3 days. It'll be a tall order, but I am determined to do it! Right now, I have 10 things on my list. I have put out a plea to friends for help. I read that brainstorming with friends and family is a great way to come up with things, so I don't feel like I'm cheating. I'll ask my family tonight when I go to dinner at my mom's house.
I figured I should start this blog and tell as many people about it as possible to ensure that I follow through with it. I also decided that this is for me, so I am not going to fell ashamed or embarrassed by what is on here. This will not work if I am not completely honest.
So far on the list:
1. Lose 20 pounds
2. Finish a half and whole marathon
3. Have a drink at a bar by myself
4. Forgive Alan
5. Go camping
6. Stop using credit cards
7. Go to a wine tasting
8. Apply for, get accepted, and start (depending on the school's start date) a doctoral program
9. Host a dinner party
10. Create an album of my Europe pictures (all 12oo of them)
Well, that's the list so far. Hopefully, I'll have more to add soon. Then I get to decide which one to start with.

No comments:

Post a Comment